Friday, July 6, 2012

Jam, Butter and Peanut Butter

 Light Bread with spray butter (although you couldn't taste it) and 1 tsp. Smucker's simply fruit.  (If you go up to 1/2 T. of the jam you have to count a point plus...but 1 tsp is 0 pts. plus)

When I refer to spray butter, I always mean I can't Believe it's not Butter spray.  Which is 0 points plus for 5 sprays.

Watch out for this snack...if you really like it...you could overindulge.  But if you can limit yourself to 1 serving then it is a good sweet snack...but it will not fill you up...as a warning.  Get to know your limits.


As I looked up the points plus for this to see if it is considered simply filling (which it's not...but it's 0 pts plus for 1 tsp), I saw that Polaner brand sugar free jelly's and preserves are 0 pts plus for 1 T.  I will have to look for them.

I also saw that Promise fat free spread is 0 pts plus for 1 T.  I will have to look for that also.

Then under peanut butter (which is my worst weakness...I LOVE IT!) I see that Better'n Peanut Butter (which I know they sell at the health food store) is 2 points plus for 2 T.  Which is a lot better than 5 points plus for regular peanut butter.  There is also a powdered peanut butter (also at health food stores) called PB2 which I believe is 2 pts plus for 2 T (double check me on that one).  I haven't tried either, but have heard that they are a good alternative.  I'll have to let you know.  I also see one listed called Peanut Wonder (which I have never heard of) which is 2 points plus for 2 T. and the best (or worst---because I might overindulge) is Walden Farms Peanut Spread is 0 points plus for 2 T.  Is that a typo?  0 points plus!!! Really?!?!?!

If I got the 0 point jam and the 0 point peanut butter and the light bread I could have a peanut butter sandwich without counting points (because I am doing simply filling).  I don't know...that might be too much for me and I might not be able to stop at one sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment