Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce

Adapted from Food.com.  (Fresh Tomato Spaghetti Sauce by Lauralie41)

http://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-tomato-spaghetti-sauce-10837


  1. HERE'S WHAT I DID...
    4 lbs tomatoes
    2 T. dried onions
    2 tsp. minced garlic (from a bottle)
    4 tsp fresh basil
    1/4 C. olive oil...you could probably lower it a little bit
    1 tsp. salt
    4 tsp. parsley
    1 T. Splenda

    Boil a big pan of water.  Put tomatoes in water until skin splits open.  Remove tomatoes from water, put in cold water.  Skin will just fall right off the tomatoes.  Core tomatoes.

    Then I put the tomatoes in the blender (because I don't like chunks).   Pour tomatoe puree in a pan.  Add spices.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 hours.  Let cool.  Reheat and serve over noodles.  

    I did have to add some water at the end because it was too thick for me.  I also added a lb of 93% cooked hamburger.  I think it would have been good without.  

    A little labor intensive, not too bad.  You need to start 3 or 4 hours ahead of when you wanted to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment